On behalf of the Genesis Elders:
We are so excited to be meeting again this Sunday. It has been a long time since our last public worship gathering, and while we are thankful for the technology that has allowed us to provide a Sunday worship experience, we believe God’s call is for us to gather together. We wanted to share a few things with all of you about our service this Sunday. First, it will begin at 10 AM and we will be meeting in the Legion Park Picnic Pavilion (map link) located adjacent to the Eureka Community Center off of Bald Hill Rd. We are thankful for Mayor Sean Flower and the City of Eureka for providing this space for us this Sunday. This will be an outdoor gathering under the pavilion. Individuals and families can sit at picnic tables or bring their own chairs in free spaces or in a grassy area adjacent to the pavilion. We may even have a few parking spots close enough to the pavilion for a a few to participate in our service from their car. The weather report right now looks great for us. For those who feel uncomfortable attending public events we will have a livestream of our service that will begin at 10 AM as well.
Our intent is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all of our people. We intend to obey the governing authorities and comply with the requirements that they have set forth for church assembly. In order for us to continue public gatherings in the future, we ask for your cooperation in observing the following guidelines with us.
- We would request that if you or anyone in your family has run a temperature over 101.4 degrees, has a persistent cough, or any other symptoms consistent with COVID-19 that you would not attend and rather join the service via livestream.
- Families will park in the lot near the Community Center. We will have a well defined entrance and ask people to enter the area through this entrance.
- Follow social distancing guidelines – this means that we need to honor the six foot separation distance with anyone not in your family, and parents will need to be responsible for their children and social distancing. We will need people to come ready to honor this.
- Either sit at a picnic table or bring your own chairs/blankets/etc. Only one family unit at each table. We also encourage you to have bottled water for yourself and your family.
- We will not have Genesis Kids programming. Kids will remain with parents. Genesis Kids will also be providing activities for children.
- Masks are optional since the event is outside
- Bathrooms next to the pavilion will be open, adults can use one at a time, parents can take their children in. We will provide spray bottles with sanitizing cleaner to wipe down sinks, toilets, etc.
We are so looking forward to gathering to worship Jesus and fellowship with the church again. Hope to see you Sunday!