Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been reported in the greater St. Louis area. As a church, we are aware of the current situation and working in increasing precautions to ensure the health of our church family and community. It is our goal as of now to continue meeting for our regularly scheduled service and events. But we also know that things are changing quickly. We will seek to follow advice from our governmental authorities if asked to adjust our plans.
Here’s what we are asking you to do:
- Please be diligent to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
- Please cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then wash your hands
- Please greet one another with a nod, a wave, or any other way that does not require touch
- Please stay home if you or your children feel sick
- Please help us clean and disinfect
- Please stay home if you are immuno-compromised or immune-suppressed
As a church, we will be making changes to our Sunday services for the rest of this month to diligently respond as a community:
- The school district has been working diligently to make sure all areas of the school are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- We will NOT be serving coffee
- We will NOT be collecting offering with baskets but will ask you to drop-off your offerings at drop-boxes or give online
- We have removed all Bibles normally put out and will project the passage onto the screens
- We will handle Communion a little bit differently. We have individual communion packs that have the juice and a wafer. During our Communion time we will have people move forward as normal. Our servers will wear gloves and hand the element packs to those celebrating Communion, which can then be done as the Lord leads. This procedure will ensure greatest safety and lowest contact of these things by others.