I referenced the book Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby in the sermon this past Sunday on the God who Calls. The book comes in several formats including a hardback book and a 13-week study workbook which is designed to do in groups. Well worth the read, and if you are considering doing a deeper study with a group this would be a recommended resource. The book’s ideas flow out of the story of the Burning Bush and Moses’ interaction with God in this narrative. The book gives seven realities to knowing and doing the will of God. Wanted to share those again here.
- God is always at work around you.
- God pursues a continuing love relationship that is real and personal.
- God invites you to be involved with Him in His work.
- God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
- God’s invitation always leads to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
- You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
- You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.